Friday, November 2, 2012

Green Sea Turtle Rehabilitation

Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE turtles. I always have, and I always will. If I could I would adopt every sea turtle in the world and take care of them, and I hope there is a time when I'll have the resources to be able to help out more.

But since I can't, I am really glad that there are people who can. This is the blog of the South Carolina Aquarium's Sea Turtle Hospital. They take calls from people who either rescued a turtle or see one that needs help, and then they provide appropriate treatment and rehabilitation. They also take pictures throughout the process if you are interested in seeing what they do.

http://networkedblogs.com/DYHVL

If you have a minute, I highly encourage you go check out their blog. Besides being interesting from a medical standpoint, it's interesting from a conservation standpoint as well. I had no idea there were so many accidents still involving sea turtles. To me, they are beautiful creatures, and they have been on this planet a lot longer than we have, and now they need our help.




I know she's not a sea turtle, but this is my beautiful leopard tortoise Soleil when she was a baby. You can't resist that face!

No comments:

Post a Comment