Sunday, May 6, 2012

1/4 DVM


I can’t believe it. I can’t believe I’ve finished my first full year of veterinary school.
It feels so weird... I’m not really sure what to do with myself now. Yesterday I woke up at about one in the afternoon and started panicking, thinking that I’d overslept and lost half a day’s worth of studying before I remembered that I didn’t have anything left to study for. I’ve also been feeling guilty as I’ve been lazing around the house, feeling like I should be doing something productive and I’m going to regret it later. But aside from cleaning that I’ve been putting off and some wedding details to finalize, I really don’t have anything to do. I guess my mind just can’t wrap itself around that fact. 
But now that I’m getting more used to doing nothing I am enjoying it. But I’m also getting bored already. I’ll be good for a couple more days while I work my way through all of the Harry Potter books again, but then I’m going to need something else to do. Because I don’t think I’ll be able to do nothing for an entire semester. 
Hopefully I can find a summer job with one of the veterinarians out here for over the summer. At first I resisted that, thinking I’d had enough of vet school during the year and the last thing I wanted to do during my summer vacation was surround myself with vets. But I don’t know how to do anything else now. And I guess that’s a good thing- otherwise I’d be in the wrong profession.




And thank you to the second (now third) years, who were kind enough to decorate my car while I was taking my immunology final =]





No comments:

Post a Comment