Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy World Rhino Day!!

Today is World Rhino Day!

It's the perfect time to stop and appreciate a magnificent species and to aid the conservation effort =]

My husband and I are both becoming more actively involved with Rhino Rescue Project, the group that we worked with in South Africa to perform the rhino horn infusions. We are both passionate about helping to save this species and are happy to help in any way that we can.

My husband did this amazing art piece for Rhino Rescue Project in honor of World Rhino Day. It's a continuation of his new word art series, and all of the words that make up the picture are related to rhino conservation.



I've been working on a new sewing project, where I am hand embroidering rhinos and am planning to make pillows and wall hangings out of them. I am hoping to be able to sell them and give a portion of the proceeds to Rhino Rescue Project. 



And since we were so successful with our bake sale fundraising last year, we are hoping to do our mobile bake sale again, with cupcakes and safari shaped cookies! Not only is baking a great way to procrastinate from studying, but then by selling them I don't have to feel guilty and obliged to eat everything I bake, and I can fundraise for rhinos at the same time! It's a win-win situation. =]

And hopefully one day we'll be able to go back to South Africa and work with Rhino Rescue Project again.



If you're interested in checking out the awesome work that Rhino Rescue Project is doing, here's the link to their facebook. Rhino Rescue Project


No comments:

Post a Comment