Monday, January 14, 2013

Wildlife Wine Tasting Fundraiser

The Wildlife Wine Tasting Fundraiser was last Thursday, and overall I'm pretty happy with how it went! Everyone had a great time, and while wine costs kept us from raising as much as we would have liked, at least we weren't in the red! We wouldn't have been able to pull this off without all of the support from local Stillwater business, and thank you to everyone who came out to support us!

I think organizing this fundraiser was a good learning experience, and there are a lot of things I would do differently next time around to try and make other fundraisers more successful. There is a lot more that goes into planning an event like this than I originally thought, and a lot of details in the last minute organizing and finalizing. I am considering doing a similar event again in the spring, but as a beer tasting instead of a wine tasting. I think that may appeal to more people, and keep overhead costs down. I'll have to see how this semester goes, but as always I'll keep this blog updated with my fundraising attempts!



Wine bottles ready for the wine pool


Our raffles, silent auctions and wine pool


Mini cupcakes provided by Cake Crazy LLC. Delicious!


Truffles from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory





Wine Tasting!



Raffle winners!


Raffle winners!


Drawing raffle winners


Raffle Winners!




Some of the damages from the night

No comments:

Post a Comment